(352) 331-2005
24/7 Service Available

Carbon Monoxide Detection

??????????????

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Carbon monoxide can’t be seen or smelled and is otherwise undetectable to the senses. This would explain why almost 200 people are killed by it every year. Symptoms of low to moderate levels of CO (carbon monoxide) poisoning include headache, fatigue, dizziness, nausea, and shortness of breath. High level symptoms include mental confusion, vomiting, loss of muscular coordination, loss of consciousness, and ultimately death. Carbon monoxide poisoning can be caused by poor ventilation in a home with a gas furnace or water heater. It’s important to take a precautionary measure to detect unsafe levels of carbon monoxide. Purchase a CO detector as a small investment to help keep your family safe.

Carbon Monoxide Prevention

Here are ways a homeowner can prevent carbon monoxide poisoning:

  1. All home appliances should be installed and operated to the manufacturer’s specifications and local building codes. A qualified professional should be responsible for installing major home appliances like the air conditioner, water heater, and furnace. These qualified professionals can also inspect the flues for clogs and find any poorly sealed connections.
  2. Install a CO detector near every bedroom area that is clear of obstacles.
  3. Never operate a fuel-burning appliance in or near an enclosed garage or space. CO can easily build up to unsafe levels.
  4. Never leave a vehicle operating in an enclosed or partially-closed garage.
  5. Never heat a home with a gas range, oven, or dryer.
See how you can prevent extra costs of repairs with a maintenance agreement
Learn how to save on your next power bill with our tips for energy conservation