We offer maintenance plans to keep your unit up and running optimally.
Our specially trained technicians can maintain your current air conditioning system to prevent costly repairs and breakdown headaches. An air conditioner quickly loses efficiency when the indoor coil or the outdoor condenser gets dirty. Many customers purchase our Energy Saving, Planned Maintenance Program that ensures their air conditioning system operates at peak efficiencies and maximizes the life of the unit. We strongly suggest making a wise investment in our Planned Maintenance Program that will yield peace of mind benefits, energy efficiency, and long term reliability in your air conditioning system.
Our expert technicians can repair all makes and models.
The reliable NATE certified Technicians are also experts at repairing all makes and models of air conditioning units should the need arise. Many homeowners and business owners become lifelong Bertie Heating & Air Conditioning customers after experiencing our customer service and expertise.
How much are your maintenance plans?
- Planned Maintenance Agreement (bi-annual visit in Spring and Fall) – $180 first HVAC system | $170 each additional system
What does your maintenance service involve?
- Tune-Up (one-time visit): Visual inspection of all parts, flush drain, and check refrigerant charge
- Planned Maintenance Agreement (bi-annual visits): Maintaining all records of equipment and manufacturer’s warranty status | Cleaning and visual inspection of all components | Test all major components, flush drain, and check/adjust refrigerant charge
Do I receive any benefits for being a maintenance customer?
- As a planned maintenance customer (bi-annual agreement), you receive a 10% discount off parts and filters along with priority service and loyalty benefits.
How often should I replace my filter?
- Filters range in different sizes and depth. The most common filter is the 1″ filter which should be replaced every 30 days to maintain your Indoor Air Quality. If you’ve made the investment in the AprilAire filters, then those should be checked and replaced every 6 months to a year.
Do you perform continuous annual background checks on your service and maintenance technicians?
- Bertie Heating & Air Conditioning uses AskTheSeal to perform annual backgrounds on all of our service, sales, and maintenance technicians whom might enter your home. AskTheSeal allows us the opportunity to send you an appointment reminder with a profile picture of the technician, when the last background check was performed, and a little biography about that individual. Call our Office Staff for more details.
How long does the maintenance service take?
- Inspecting from top to bottom will generally take about an hour per system for maintenance.
Is annual maintenance necessary for my system?
- Regular HVAC preventative maintenance is the best way to ensure trouble-free operation and peak performance. Pre-season maintenance is also important. It can help to avoid a system failure in severe hot or cold weather when you need it most, and it can also keep your energy bill from getting out of control. Some manufacturers require you to perform at least a one-time maintenance per year to keep your registered warranty active.